RMS is one of the oldest girls’ schools in the country. Founded in 1788 by Chevalier Ruspini, its original purpose was to educate the daughters of Freemasons who, through death, illness or disability, were unable to support their families. Though humble in its infancy, accommodating just 15 pupils at its original London address, a move to Rickmansworth Park in 1934 enabled RMS to flourish, becoming an independent fee-paying school in 1978, accepting girls from all backgrounds and faiths, to live and work alongside those supported by the Masonic Trust for Boys and Girls.
Today, the Royal Masonic School sits in 300 acres of beautiful Hertfordshire countryside and is home to more than 800 girls from around the world. It is recognised as providing an exceptional education to young women of all abilities, and is famous for its Scandinavian style ‘drill’ and striking art deco architecture.
Following our comprehensive rebrand in 2001, we worked closely with the Headmistress for a further 15 years, during which time we undertook sole responsibility for managing the School’s vision through the development of its brand. The scope of our work (almost 100 projects) included design, photography, print, packaging, advertising and environmental signage.